So, obviously this is not the one I made. Mine was not that nice looking so I had to get from the internet.
I borrowed my friend’s ice cream maker, made a few changes on the ingredients since I’m not much of a cherries fan (but love blueberries) and I make my own kefir (the recipe originally used store-bought kefir), and started making my kefir ice cream.
– 1 cup milk kefir
– 1/2 cup all purpose cream
– 2 whipped egg whites
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 3 tablespoon honey
– 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
– 1 cup frozen blueberries
– whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks
– put in the cream and continue whisking
– puree the blueberries
– add the blueberries, vanilla and honey into the creamy mixture
– use ice cream maker as instructed on its manual
– if you have leftovers, place them in a freezer-safe container, cover with plastic, place the lid back and store in your freezer
My verdict? Better and definitely healthier than your ordinary dairy ice cream!Kefir Ice Cream (Blueberry Flavor) by Giselle