So, obviously this is not the one I made. Mine was not that nice looking so I had to get from the internet.
I borrowed my friend’s ice cream maker, made a few changes on the ingredients since I’m not much of a cherries fan (but love blueberries) and I make my own kefir (the recipe originally used store-bought kefir), and started making my kefir ice cream.
– 1 cup milk kefir
– 1/2 cup all purpose cream
– 2 whipped egg whites
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 3 tablespoon honey
– 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
– 1 cup frozen blueberries
– whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks
– put in the cream and continue whisking
– puree the blueberries
– add the blueberries, vanilla and honey into the creamy mixture
– use ice cream maker as instructed on its manual
– if you have leftovers, place them in a freezer-safe container, cover with plastic, place the lid back and store in your freezer
My verdict? Better and definitely healthier than your ordinary dairy ice cream!
Ads on Google: