So, obviously this is not the one I made. Mine was not that nice looking so I had to get from the internet.
I borrowed my friend’s ice cream maker, made a few changes on the ingredients since I’m not much of a cherries fan (but love blueberries) and I make my own kefir (the recipe originally used store-bought kefir), and started making my kefir ice cream.
- 1 cup milk kefir
- 1/2 cup all purpose cream
- 2 whipped egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks
- put in the cream and continue whisking
- puree the blueberries
- add the blueberries, vanilla and honey into the creamy mixture
- use ice cream maker as instructed on its manual
- if you have leftovers, place them in a freezer-safe container, cover with plastic, place the lid back and store in your freezer
My verdict? Better and definitely healthier than your ordinary dairy ice cream!
Ads on Google: