I enjoy drinking Kefir the most when I make healthy, delicious and refreshing smoothies. But basically any recipe that requires milk, you can use Kefir as substitute. For this entry though, I’ll share with you one Kefir smoothie I love to drink. Hope you like it too!
PB&B Kefir Smoothie
(You can never go wrong with peanut butter and banana)
- ¼ c skimmed milk
- 5 tbsp instant oatmeal
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 pc medium banana
- ¼ c kefir
- 1 tbsp flax seed (optional)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (optional for flavoring)
- Soak the oatmeal in milk for a few minutes, or until the oatmeal softens.
- Mix it together with the other ingredients in a blender.
- Blend in 5-8 iced cubes depending on how you like your smoothie.
This makes 2 serving. You can actually substitute your meals with this smoothie. It’s already complete with fiber and protein.
Fruit Juice Kefir Drinks
This is very, very easy to make, and very refreshing too! Just mix your Kefir with any fresh fruits or fruit juice concentrates (use in moderation =p), add a few iced cubes if desired, and viola! Yummy drinks in seconds!Peanut Butter And Banana Kefir Breakfast Smoothie Recipe by Giselle