When I started buying kefir grains from different people and testing them, a friend of mine went the free path and tried acquiring free kefir grains from people she met on the internet.
I loved how people that drink kefir are genuinely honest and giving. You only pay for the shipping and they ship you their grains for free because they already have too much.
Here are some positives and negatives I saw about getting free kefir grains.
Pros Of Free Kefir Grains:
- It’s FREE
- You get to try out Kefir first if you are a beginner
- Chances are, you’ll get well taken cared of Kefir grains.
- Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two from the sender on how they make kefir and take care of their kefir grains
Cons of Free Kefir Grains:
- You won’t know where these grains really came from
- You will always have doubt about sending money to someone even if it is only for shipping
- You have to test if these kefir grains are healthy enough to produce the quality of kefir you need which will take a bit of time
Free kefir grains can be requested on some groups or forums but you can try to leave your information in the comments below as well.
My friend got her grains from 3 people in those lists and only 1 couldn’t get reactivated.
The other 2, well let’s just say they are hard at work doing what they do best. Not bad for free kefir grains.