Every known civilization was once endangered by different health ailments, but each civilization found a way to get rid of those dangers and health hazards. Indian civilization was always known to be one of the oldest known civilizations so it is but expected for them to have obtained much knowledge about health-related factors, information and cures. Ayurveda was developed by the Indian monks some 5,000 years ago and, to this date, Ayurvedic herbs remain the gift of the same time-tested meditative knowledge that those ancient researchers have passed down to us.
People who started Ayurveda relied heavily on nature due to early conditions and circumstances. While nature was the only substantial resource that they could find, it left them with no choice but to look deeply into herbs and other natural resources to find solutions. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to cure the cause of the disease instead of just suppressing its symptoms. The use of herbs actually started on the first day of treatment and management of health. These were then tested countless times in different conditions, making Ayurveda a time-tested method of treatment. Ayurvedic practitioners used mixtures of several herbs to treat diseases where some of them proved to work wonders while some showed to not be so effective.
Herbs, may they be Ayurvedic or Western in nature, are all provided with one goal: to provide immense healing strengths. Ayurvedic herbs usually remain in natural conditions, which is why they are more close to nature than any other curative form. Medicinal effects lie in those herbs that have been responsible for the maintenance of health in many individuals for thousands of years.
With the wide range of benefits and uses Ayurvedic herbs can provide, here are the top five advantages given by herbs of Ayurveda:
- Herbs help in proper digestion and absorption of the nutrients from the food we consume. Ayurveda believes that we are what we eat and the best way to take advantage of the nutrients we eat is to combine them with certain herbs to maximize their full potential.
- Herbs are prominently used to strengthen immunity of the body for both preventive ailments and general cures.
- Some herbs provide nourishment and stability to the body in case a person is going through treatment for a chronic disease.
- General ailments and inconveniences such as indigestion and the common flu can easily be treated by Ayurvedic medicine. Some even see Ayurvedic remedies to be household remedies that are used as the first stage of treatment.
- Studies reveal that Ayurvedic medicine can prove to be a better alternative to allopathic treatment and can even potentially provide successful cures to diseases such as AIDS and cancer, which are incurable to this day.
- Ayurvedic herbs are prepared for an extremely wide range of diseases. A particular herb when mixed with another set of different herbs can indeed produce remedies for certain ailments. When taken carefully by the prescribed dosage and prescription, these herbal medicines can work wonders in combating diseases. Side effects are very few to none, which makes them an even more reliable and alternative source for good health.